Saturday 25 July 2015

Information Literacy... Continues

This past week I have been fortunate enough to attend a Fieldwork practical at UWC library. One of the aspects we were shown was Information Literacy and how to do searches and find various types of information. I would recommend anyone to go to information sessions at the library as I was amazed at all the possible avenues open to us as students to find accurate, current and relevant information. I just regret not having done this last year or when I was a first time student some years ago. The information I received would have made my academic life so much easier. The saying "Work smarter not harder" is so true. It also made me realise how much I still need to learn regarding IL.

1 comment:

  1. The information literacy is very important subject to deal with, seeing that the role of librarian had change.Librarian should/ must be given opportunities and session to developed and be able to assist learners and patron in finding relevant information

    ReplyDelete